Activities for everybody
The Perthshire countryside has got so much to offer. From beautiful forests, and hidden lochs, fishing, mountain biking, hill-walking.
Fishing in Perthshire
Perthshire is a very popular fishing destination in Scotland. Fishing in large or small rivers for trout or salmon, or enjoy a bit of quiet time by a loch in a peaceful forest.
- Loch Fishing – rainbow trout, brown trout – fly-fishing in some of the Scotland’s well known lochs.
- River Fishing – Perthshire visitors are really spoilt for choice – salmon fishing in the River Tay, as well as sea trout, brown trout, grayling.
- Coarse fishing & Fisheries – there are several clubs with their waters stocked for coarse fishing.
The Hermitage, Dunkeld
The Hermitage near Dunkeld is an amazing woodland area with the River Braan winding its way through the forest. In the autumn, you can see the salmon jumping at the waterfall.
- Look up at the giant Douglas firs here which are among the tallest trees in Britain.
- Enjoy a walk along the river Braan and breathe in the woodland air and scent of pine needles.
- Watch out for red squirrels in the tree tops.
- Watch the salmon jumping at the waterfalls in autumn.